If you have worked in the nonprofit industry, you’ve likely needed some inspiration and a constant reminder of why you sacrifice to make the world a better place. In this case, quotes and motivational phrases motivate and empower you to move forward. They appeal to your thoughts and give you a positive outlook on your mission. In addition, they communicate valuable truths in a way people can easily remember.
This post highlights some of the most powerful quotes about giving to others for your charitable organization. You can use the quotes on a donor recognition wall project, for wording of a memorial plaque, or a book about your events. They can inspire you and other people to take part in your mission.
Quotes About Giving
Generosity is always good for the heart. It helps to reduce stress and inspire your sense of purpose. It also promotes social connection and overall wellbeing. The following quotes can help you remain positive while inspiring others to be generous with their money, time, and talents.
- “Giving does not precede receiving; it’s the reason for it. It is in giving that we receive.” Israelmore Ayivor
- “No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anne Frank
- “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Think of giving not as a duty but as a privilege.” John D. Rockefeller Jr.
- “Always give without remembering and always receive without forgetting.” Brain Tracy
- “Giving is not just about making a donation. It is about making a difference.” Kathy Calvin
- “We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something.” Mother Teresa
- “Everyone can experience the joy and blessing of generosity; because everyone has something to give.” Jan Grace
- “Giving frees us from the familiar theory of our own needs by opening our mind to the unexplained worlds occupied by the needs of others.” Barbara Bush
- “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” John Holmes
- “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” Charles Dickens
- “Life’s persistent and most urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’” Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but from what we give.” Ben Carson
- “Money is not the only commodity that is fun to give. We can give our expertise, we can give our love, or simply give a smile. What does that cost? The point is, none of us can ever run out of something worthwhile to give.” Steve Goodier
- “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.”
- “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” Mohammed Ali
Service to others is a highly generous act. The above are uplifting quotes you can use for your nonprofit.