5 Tips for a Planning a Successful Donor Recognition System
You have to live with the new donor recognition system for many years. This means the system needs to be flexible to accomadate new donors and allow for growth. We have 5 key stratergies to help you through the process:
- Be certain you KNOW ALL THE COST REQUIRED TO ADD NAMES to a donor wall. This includes new parts, typesetting, and printing. Individual room plaques may be considerably more expensive when ordered later in smaller quantitites.
- In addition to cost, KNOW HOW COMPLICATED CHANGING NAMES WILL BE. If it takes a week for a team of three to go through the system to update it, the donor wall may not be well conceived (this happens often).
- Make sure all the process's and MATERIALS USED FOR UP-DATING ARE COMMON enough so that you can switch vendors if you have to or want to.
- PLAN FOR GROWTH. A wall should be able to grow for five years before it needs to be renovated to accommodate new donors. If you do a really good job raising funds, this may be sooner.
- LEAVE ROOM FOR THAT REALLY BIG DONOR THAT IS STILL YET TO COME.